CoachRICE for Professionals
CoachRICE is an accredited leadership coaching program offered by Rice University's Doerr Institute for New Leaders in partnership with Jones School of Business Executive Education. This 105-hour Lever 1 accredited program with the International Coaching Federation (ICF) applies a variety of teaching methodologies to give you a comprehensive coaching skill set combined with the rigorous academic standards of Rice University.
The course encompasses:
- Concentrated learning modules
- Mentor coaching
- A performance evaluation
- Participants will explore processes that combine collaboration, creativity, and compassion to become an agent of change for clients and organizations
- After successful completion of the program, participants will earn a Doerr Institute Certificate of Completion verifying completion of an ICF accredited Level 1 program
Is CoachRICE right for you?
Ideal candidates for the CoachRICE program include:
- Professional coaches interested in continuing to develop and enhance their established skillset
- Internal organization coaches
- Managers and leaders who wish to add coaching to their portfolio
- Professionals in allied fields who want to add coaching skills to their resume
- Human resource (HR) and organizational development professionals (OD&T) who want to advance their career
- Minimum education prerequisite: Bachelor's degree
Online and On Campus Options
- VIRTUAL OPTION next cohort coming in Spring 2025
- IN-PERSON OPTION next cohort coming in Fall 2024 at Rice University (Houston, TX)
- All cohorts are delivered in Standard English (U.S.)
Ready to launch your coaching career?
We are accepting applications for the 2024 Summer and Fall CoachRICE for Professionals Programs.
How to Apply
Complete the pre-application first. You will be automatically redirected to the full application upon submission of the pre-application. The full application has a "Save and return to finish later" feature. Admissions decisions will not be announced until the admissions decision announcement date. Please contact CoachRICE@rice.edu with any questions.
Admissions decisions announced:
First payment due:
Full payment due:
Program start date:
Program end date:
* CoachRICE is a professional program. Current Rice University students can learn about our student programs here.
Please contact CoachRICE@rice.edu or Sarah Sullivan at Sarah.T.Sullivan@rice.edu.
*The above tuition rate does not include the cost of the required textbooks.
CoachRICE is a 105-hour coaching program.
Module One: Introduction to Leadership Coaching
Introduction to Coaching will cover an in-depth overview of the practice of coaching. Topics will include self-awareness and personal development as a coach, emotional intelligence for leaders, and core competencies such as coaching presence and establishing agreements.
Module Two: Essential Tools and Methodologies for Coaching
This module focuses on the process of coaching and examines various models that support a coaching conversation. Participants will practice the listening and communication skills necessary for cultivating trust and evoking awareness with a client.
Module Three: Facilitating Client Growth
This module focuses on goal creation, accountability and managing progress with a client. Participants will explore the common barriers, challenges and mindsets encountered in leadership coaching.
Module Four: Inclusion Practices in Coaching
This module will increase coaches’ sensitivity to issues of diversity, equity and cultural competency and examine the importance of the ICF Code of Ethics. Participants will be evaluated on all ICF core competencies and provided with an overview of the ICF-credentialing process.
All content is created by Doerr Institute professionals using evidence-based techniques and is supported with research-validated outcomes. This program is offered in English.