Leading a Team Cohort
The Leading a Team Leadership Cohort is an intensive leader development experience in which participants will work on the fundamental skills required to effectively lead a team. The immersive experience includes one-on-one coaching, group coaching, multi-session workshops, and exclusive access to expert leaders in the field.
After participating in this program, the leader will be able to:
- Articulate their beliefs and aspirations as a leader.
- Identify components of what makes an effective team.
- Articulate a clear and compelling vision for their team.
- Craft focused and measurable objectives and key results.
- Demonstrate skills that encourage psychological safety and trust on a team.
- Session 1: Thursday, Sept. 22
- Session 2: Thursday, Oct. 6
- Session 3: Thursday, Oct. 20
- Session 4: Thursday, Nov. 3
- Session 5: Monday, Jan. 16
- Session 6: Monday, Jan. 30
- Session 7: Monday, Feb. 13
- Session 8: Monday, Feb. 27
- Session 9: TBD
If you are selected to the 2022-2023 Leading a Team cohort, you must be available to attend the above sessions on Thursdays and Mondays at 6 - 7:30 PM CT. Sessions for the Fall 2022 semester will take place in-person.
Doerr Institute Programs Included
- Activation: Access to three one-on-one coaching conversations
- Activation: Complete a Leadership Challenge 360 Assessment Tool
- Excursions: Access to experts in team leadership
- Synthesis: TBD
- Catalyst #1: Building Psychological Safety
- Catalyst #2: 7 Drivers of Team
Students selected to this cohort will complete the above programs alongside other members of their assigned cohort. Please note Catalyst modules may include students outside of the assigned cohort.
Ready to get started?
Registration for the 2022-2023 Leadership Cohorts opens on August 10, 2022, and will close on September 9, 2022. All questions regarding Leadership Cohorts may be directed to Stephanie Taylor at Stephanie.Taylor@rice.edu.