Leading a Team Cohort
The Leading a Team Leadership Cohort is an intensive leader development experience in which participants will work on the fundamental skills required to effectively lead a team. The immersive experience includes one-on-one coaching, group coaching, multi-session workshops, and exclusive access to expert leaders in the field.
After participating in this program, the leader will be able to:
- Articulate their beliefs and aspirations as a leader.
- Identify components of what makes an effective team.
- Articulate a clear and compelling vision for their team.
- Craft focused and measurable objectives and key results.
- Demonstrate skills that encourage psychological safety and trust on a team.
- Weekend 1: Oct. 22 & Oct. 23 (virtual)
- Weekend 2: Nov. 19 & Nov. 20 (virtual)
- Weekend 3: Feb. 18 & Feb. 19 (format TBD)
- Weekend 4: April 1 & April 2 (format TBD)
If you are selected to the 2021-2022 Leading a Team cohort, you must be available to attend the above sessions on Fridays at 4 - 6:30 PM CT and Saturdays at 9 AM - 12 PM CT. Sessions for the Fall 2021 semester will take place virtually. The program format for Spring 2021 will be reevaluated based on the COVID-19 situation.
Doerr Institute Programs Included
- Activation: Access to three one-on-one coaching conversations (scheduled outside of the weekend commitments)
- Activation: Complete a Leadership Challenge 360 Assessment Tool
- Excursions: Access to experts in team leadership
- Synthesis: Living Your Leadership Manifesto
- Catalyst #1: Launching a Focused and Invested Team
- Catalyst #2: Cultivating Psychological Safety and Trust on a Team
Students selected to this cohort will complete the above programs alongside other members of their assigned cohort. Please note Catalyst modules may include students outside of the assigned cohort.
Ready to get started?
Registration for the 2021-2022 Leadership Cohorts closed on September 10, 2021. Please check back at the start of each Fall semester to join a Leadership Cohort. All questions regarding Leadership Cohorts may be directed to Stephanie Taylor at Stephanie.Taylor@rice.edu.