In-Person Program Format
This program is divided into four modules and a practicum experience. Modules are delivered through a combination of face-to-face instruction, presentations, discussions, dyadic exercises and other interactive methods and independent studies. All required modules, including pre-class hours, are completed over a period of four months. Classes will take place on the Rice University campus, and the location will be provided to students upon registration.
All modules are delivered in Standard English (U.S.).
- Introduction to Leadership Coaching | Thursday, Aug. 19, 2021, and Friday, Aug. 20, 2021
- Essential Tools and Methodologies for Coaching | Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021, and Friday, Sept. 17, 2021
- Facilitating Client Growth | Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021, and Friday, Oct. 15, 2021
- Inclusion Practices in Coaching | Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021, and Friday, Nov. 12, 2021
- *Practicum Experience | Spring 2022 (scheduled by you in coordination with your assigned mentor coach
While we remain committed to providing you with an in-person experience, we want to disclose that we cannot guarantee at this time the course will be delivered in person due to the fluidity of the current health situation. Please be assured we are more than prepared to shift the in-person cohort online if required. In the event we must transition to online delivery, you will be expected to complete the program with your initial cohort. Refunds and deferrals will not be possible.
+48 hours of classroom instruction
+20 hours of asynchronous material (self-study)
+10 hours of mentor coaching (practicum)
+2 hours of personal coaching
= 80 coach-specific hours
Are you interested?
Early Application Deadline: May 20, 2021
Regular Application Deadline: June 17, 2021
All questions regarding our globally recognized CoachRICE community may be directed to CoachRICE@rice.edu.
If you are a Rice University alum interested in participating in this program while also contributing to your lifetime giving record, please check out our Alumni programs page.