In-Person Program Format
This program includes instructional modules, partnering coaching, mentor coaching, a self-study, and a performance evaluation. The program is delivered through a combination of face-to-face instruction, presentations, discussions, dyadic exercises and other interactive methods and independent studies. All required modules, including pre-class hours, are completed over a period of ten months. Classes will take place on the Rice University campus, and the location will be provided to students upon registration.
Fall 2023 Schedule
All modules and mentor group sessions are delivered in Standard English (U.S.). Students must be able to fully commit to the schedule. If a class is missed, students are required to wait and attend a future module that corresponds to the missed content and will be charged $500 for up to 4 hours of make-up instruction and $750 for up to 8 hours of make-up instruction.
- Orientation | Wednesday, August 2, 6:00-7:00 pm
- Group EQi Debrief | Wednesday, August 9, 5:00-7:00 pm
- Module 1 | Wednesday, August 23, 1:00-5:00 pm, Thursday, August 24, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, Friday, August 25, 8:00 am- 12:00 pm
- Mentor Coaching Session 1 | Wednesday, September 13, 5:00-6:30 pm (hosted online)
- Module 2 | Wednesday, October 4, 1:00-5:00 pm, Thursday, October 5, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, Friday, October 6, 8:00 am-12:00 pm
- Mentor Coaching Session 2 | Wednesday, October 25, 5:00-6:30 pm (hosted online)
- Module 3 | Wednesday, November 8, 1:00-5:00 pm, Thursday, November 9, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, Friday, November 10, 8:00 am-12:00 pm
- Mentor Coaching Session 3 | Wednesday, November 29, 5:00-6:30 pm (hosted online)
- Module 4 | Wednesday, December 13, 1:00-5:00 pm, Thursday, December 14, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, Friday, December 15, 8:00 am-12:00 pm
- Mentor Coaching Session 4 | Wednesday, January 3, 5:00-6:30 pm (hosted online)
- Mentor Coaching Session 5 | Wednesday, February 7, 5:00-6:30 pm (hosted online)
- Graduation | Wednesday, April 24, 5:00-7:00 pm
While we remain committed to providing you with an in-person experience, we want to disclose that we cannot guarantee at this time the course will be delivered in person due to the fluidity of the current health situation. Please be assured we are more than prepared to shift the in-person cohort online if required. In the event we must transition to online delivery, you will be expected to complete the program with your initial cohort. Refunds and deferrals will not be possible.
+50 hours of classroom instruction
+22 hours of coaching practice
+20 hours of asynchronous material (self-study)
+13 hours of mentor coaching
= 105 coach-specific hours
Are you interested?
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 24
Decisions Announced: Monday, June 5
All questions regarding our globally recognized CoachRICE program may be directed to CoachRICE@rice.edu or to Sarah Sullivan at Sarah.T.Sullivan@rice.edu.