What is Student CoachRICE?
CoachRICE for students is a unique training program that uses a variety of teaching methodologies to deliver a practical skillset for you to continue your leadership journey after completing one-on-one professional coaching, also known as Activation. You will develop your personal leadership skills as well as the ability to support leadership development in others. This non-credit course, accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) will equip you to become a more collaborative, creative and compassionate leader by increasing your self-awareness and growing your listening and communication skills. In summary, you will gain leadership coaching skills that can be applied in multiple contexts.
Students who successfully complete the course will receive a Rice Certificate of Achievement and will earn the 60 hours of coach-specific training required for the ICF's Associate Certified Coach (ACC) application.
- Identify the core competencies for effectiveness as a leadership coach.
- Distinguish differences between coaching, consulting, mentoring and therapy.
- Demonstrate co-creating an agenda and reaching agreement with a client.
- Increase one’s ability to reflect, notice and respond to feedback and self-correct.
- Define and practice elements of the coaching relationship.
- Assemble a coaching toolkit.
- Must complete Activation (one-on-one coaching program) to apply.
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students at Rice University.
If you are selected to the 2021-2022 CoachRICE cohort, you must be available to attend the following sessions. These sessions are scheduled to take place in-person. We are monitoring guidance from Rice University administration and will transition to a virtual delivery if circumstances force us to do so.
- Module 1: Oct. 8-9
- Module 2: Nov. 5-6
- Module 3: Jan. 28-29
- Module 4: Feb. 25-26
All Friday sessions will take place 5-9 PM and Saturdays from 8:30 AM-5 PM.
Second Year MBA Cohort
We now offer a Student CoachRICE cohort exclusively for Second Year MBAs. Dates for this cohort will differ from the general cohort. Although dates for this cohort won't be released until April 2021, you are welcome to apply now.
Ready to get started?
We are now accepting applications for our next Student CoachRICE cohorts to begin in Fall 2021. Applications for the general and Second Year MBA cohort for 2021-2022 are due on June 15, 2021. For more information about Student CoachRICE, contact Ruth Reitmeier at Ruth.Reitmeier@rice.edu.