Doerr Institute Leadership Stipends provide students in formal leadership positions with financial and developmental support through grants of up to $5,000 and continued leader development support during and after their tenure in their position. The purpose of the stipend is to encourage and support the development of students' capacity to lead across the university by increasing accessibility to unpaid leadership opportunities on campus for students who demonstrate financial need.
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate student at Rice.
- Currently hold or intend to run/apply for an unpaid leadership position on campus.
- Eligible positions include, but are not limited to, elected or appointed leadership positions in student government, the residential college system, and student-run clubs or organizations.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Priority will be given to students with a family income of $65,00 and below.
Applicants may apply for funding for a currently held position or pre-apply for a position they intend on running/applying for. In the case of pre-applications, funding will be contingent upon election or appointment to the position.
A student's financial standing will not be shared beyond the review committee chosen to select the stipend recipients. In addition, if selected, the Doerr Institute will not share a student's name as a recipient of a Doerr Institute Leadership Stipend unless given permission.
Are you interested?
The first round of applications for the 2020-2021 academic year will open on October 26, 2020, and close on November 9, 2020. Please check back on October 26, 2020, for a link to the application. Round two of applications will take place beginning in February 2021. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Sullivan at email@example.com.