Visit the Doerr Institute
Thank you for your interest in visiting the Doerr Institute for New Leaders. Our team has set aside various dates throughout 2021 for interested parties to visit the Doerr Institute and gain more insight into the methods we use to develop tomorrow's leaders. These visit days are designed for leadership and higher education professionals eager to learn more about our university-wide approach to leader development and methods we use to measure the impact of our training.
- Leadership practitioners
- Leadership scholars
- Higher education professionals
Normally, you would have the option of visiting in person or virtually on the dates listed below. However, due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and operational decisions guided by university leadership, we will conduct visit days virtually until further notice. It is our number one priority to keep you, your respective communities and the Rice community safe. You can learn more about Rice's operational status here.
All guests follow the session schedule below. If you would like to attend, please complete our interest form. Answering 10 questions will help us plan a great experience for you.
Upcoming Visit Days
- April 22, 2021
- September 14, 2021
- November 11, 2021
Session Schedule (all times listed in CST)
- 10:00 – 10:15 am: DINL Team Introductions
- 10:15 – 11:15 am: DINL Overview – Tom Kolditz & Lillie Besozzi
- 11:15 – 11:30 am: Break
- 11:30 – 12:30 pm: Leader Development – Ruth Reitmeier & Stephanie Taylor
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm: Lunch Break
- 1:00 – 1:30 pm: Digital Marketing & Communication – Brooklyn Holt
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm: Measurement – Dr. Ryan Brown
- 2:30 – 2:45 pm: Break
- 2:45 – 3:15 pm: Improvement Science – Dr. Carla Ortega
- 3:15 – 3:30 pm: Next Steps & Closeout – Tom Kolditz
- 3:30 – 4:00 pm: Optional Walking Tour - Ruth Reitmeier (*In-person Visit Days only)
For any questions related to visiting the Doerr Institute, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Prior to visiting, check out our playbook and annual report to learn more about our approach to leader development.