Applications will be evaluated based on their fulfillment of the following criteria. The same student may not apply for multiple Doerr Institute Student Leadership Stipends simultaneously.
- Financial need will be evaluated based on the family income brackets identified in the Rice Investment
- In addition to family income, applicants are encouraged to provide any additional information about their financial situation that would be relevant for the selection process.
- Applications will be evaluated based on the level of responsibility associated with the applicant’s leadership position.
- Priority will be given to applicants with leadership positions of higher complexity and responsibility.
Leader Development Plan
- Applications will be reviewed based on the strength of their leader development plan.
- Applicants are encouraged to incorporate any support needed from the Doerr Institute (i.e. coaching, team training, etc.) into their leader development plans.
- As a guide to draft their responses, applicants may use the Doerr Institute Leader Professional Coaching Leader Development Plan
- Students using the Doerr Institute Professional Coaching Leader Development Plan (LDP) as part of their application who are currently in or have already completed Activation, should update their coaching LDP or complete a new LDP for this role rather than submitting a previous LDP as is.
The review will be completed by a committee of Doerr Institute staff based on the selection criteria below. Applicants should recognize that this is a selective process, and not every applicant who meets the minimum criteria will be funded.
Are you interested?
The second round of applications for the 2022-2023 academic year closed on February 17, 2023. Please check back at the start of the Fall 2023 semester for information regarding the next round of applications. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Sullivan at email@example.com.