What is LEADERasCoach?
LEADERasCoach is a leader development program designed for team managers and human resource professionals who aim to help others by using professional coaching skills. The program combines a unique blend of the International Coaching Federation (ICF) model of coaching coupled with evidence-based content from Rice University’s renowned faculty. This program is administered by the Jones Graduate School of Business.
ICF defines coaching as:
Partnering with clients (direct reports or colleagues) in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
Upcoming Dates & Tuition
Registration Deadline: June 9, 2023
Summer 2023 Program:
- Day 1 | Tuesday, June 13, 8:00-5:00 pm central | In Person
- Day 2 | Tuesday, June 20, 4:00-7:00 pm central | Live Online
- Day 3 | Tuesday, July 11, 4:00-7:00 pm central | Live Online
- Day 4 | Tuesday, July 18, 4:00-7:00 pm central | Live Online
- Day 5 | Tuesday, July 25, 4:00-7:00 pm central | Live Online
- Day 6 | Tuesday, August 1, 4:00-7:00 pm central | Live Online
- Day 7 | Tuesday, August 8, 8:00-5:00 pm central | In Person
Tuition includes all class materials and a Rice University Certificate of Completion. Parking, lunch, and refreshments are also provided on the in-person days.
Registration is now closed for Summer 2023. Check back for future program dates.
Who Should Attend
- Leaders who manage direct reports or HR professionals who work in a coaching role.
- Leaders (or HR professionals) who seek to develop their direct reports or colleagues.
- Leaders (or HR professionals) who are looking to impact their organization through enhanced performance management.
- Explain key concepts and principles of coaching in leadership, including the role of a coach and the process and benefits of coaching.
- Identify and apply various coaching techniques and effective leadership tools: e.g., active listening, powerful questioning, feedback and goal setting.
- Understand the importance of individual differences and the role of assessment in coaching.
- Discuss growth mindset and how adults learn.
- Develop and implement coaching strategies to support individual and team growth, improve individual and team performance, and achieve organizational objectives.
- Evaluate the impact of coaching using appropriate metrics and measures.
- Demonstrate effective communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills as a coach and leader, including the ability to establish rapport, build trust and manage conflicts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical and professional standards of coaching and leadership, including confidentiality, respect for diversity, and continuous learning and development.
Are you interested?
All questions regarding our LEADERasCoach program may be directed to Sarah Sullivan at Sarah.T.Sullivan@rice.edu.