LEADERasCoach is a leader development program designed for team managers and human resource professionals who aim to help others by using professional coaching skills. The program combines a unique blend of the International Coaching Federation (ICF) model of coaching coupled with evidence-based content from Rice University’s renowned faculty. This program is presented by Rice University's Doerr Institute for New Leaders with support from the Jones Graduate School of Business.
This course encompasses:
- Key concepts and principles of coaching in leadership, including the role of a coach and the process and benefits of coaching.
- Identifying and apply various coaching techniques and effective leadership tools: e.g., active listening, powerful questioning, feedback and goal setting.
- Understanding the importance of individual differences and the role of assessment in coaching.
- Discussing the growth mindset and how adults learn.
- Developing and implementing coaching strategies to support individual and team growth, improve individual and team performance, and achieve organizational objectives.
- Evaluating the impact of coaching using appropriate metrics and measures.
- Demonstrating effective communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills as a coach and leader, including the ability to establish rapport, build trust and manage conflicts.
- Displaying an understanding of ethical and professional standards of coaching and leadership, including confidentiality, respect for diversity, and continuous learning and development.
Is LEADERasCoach right for you?
- Leaders who manage direct reports or HR professionals who work in a coaching role.
- Leaders (or HR professionals) who seek to develop their direct reports or colleagues.
- Leaders (or HR professionals) who are looking to impact their organization through enhanced performance management.
Online and On Campus Options
- LEADERasCoach is a seven day hybrid course. Two days in-person on the Rice University campus (Houston, TX) and five days virtual.
How to Apply
Applications for LEADERasCoach will open in Spring 2024. Check back for upcoming dates and deadlines.
Upcoming Dates and Tuition
2024 dates and deadlines will be released in Spring 2024.
Tuition includes all class materials and a Rice University Certificate of Completion. Parking, lunch, and refreshments are also provided on the in-person days.
Are you interested?
Please contact Sarah Sullivan at Sarah.T.Sullivan@rice.edu.