CoachRICE for Higher Education
With a mission to elevate the practice of leadership education and development in higher education and an aim to create more and better leaders, the Doerr Institute has created a CoachRICE cohort exclusive to higher education professionals and offered at a reduced rate.
In this exclusive cohort scheduled for Summer 2022, you will learn coaching skills to become a change agent on your campus and strengthen your ability to develop students and others within your organization. At Rice, we have seen the extraordinary impact of leadership coaching on students including significant changes in students' leader identity, sense of purpose, life satisfaction, psychological distress, self-concept clarity, and humility.
"Even more than learning highly valuable coaching theories and techniques, I came to a keen understanding of my own values and motivations, as well as how to understand and develop greater emotional intelligence. I grew in my understanding of our students, as well--as creative, resourceful young people capable of significant introspection and growth. And I found myself becoming a more thoughtful and compassionate leader, eager to bring out the best in myself and others."
- Carolyn Perry, Director of The Center for Teaching and Learning at Westminister College
- Higher education staff and faculty committed to developing students as leaders
- Higher education administration wanting to strengthen the leadership capacity of their institution
- Experienced higher education professionals eager to develop coaching skills to help develop their teams and organizations
- Leadership education and development scholars
All modules are delivered in Standard English (U.S.).
- Introduction to Leadership Coaching | Monday, May 23, 2022, and Tuesday, May 24, 2022 (in-person at Rice University)
- Essential Tools and Methodologies for Coaching | Monday, June 20, 2022, and Tuesday, June 21, 2022 (virtual)
- Facilitating Client Growth | Monday, July 18, 2022, and Tuesday, July 19, 2022 (virtual)
- Inclusion Practices in Coaching | Monday, August 8, 2022, and Tuesday, August 9, 2022 (virtual)
- *Practicum Experience | not included in this exclusive cohort
If you are interested in the practicum experience required to become a certified coach with the International Coaching Federation (ICF), please email CoachRICE@rice.edu for rate details.
+48 hours of classroom instruction
+20 hours of asynchronous material (self-study)
+2 hours of personal coaching
= 70 coach-specific hours
Tuition and Fees
- Early Bird Fee: $6,000 (apply by December 15, 2021)
- General Fee: $7,500 (apply by February 1, 2022)
The above fees do not include the cost of textbooks, estimated at $200. For admittance to the Summer 2022 higher education cohort, a 50 percent payment is due on March 15, 2022, and full payment must be received by April 15, 2022.
A $1,500 good faith deposit is required if you are having the invoice processed by your company for payment. This deposit will be refunded in full when the funds are received.
Summer 2022 Admission Deadlines
- Early Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
- General Application Deadline: February 1, 2022
Please note this program requires a detailed application and all applicants are not guaranteed admission.
Are you interested?
All questions regarding our globally recognized CoachRICE community may be directed to CoachRICE@rice.edu.